In 1922 an additional remembrance was accepted by the parish. The church bell was restored and as part of its rededication it was named “The Peace Bell”. Parish Magazine December 1922.
During World War II the Peace Bell and church tower were damaged in September 1940 by the shock-wave from a bomb dropped from a German plane. The bomb exploded next to the Rectory driveway and is remembered by the son of the then Rector, who wrote to the parish about the event.