Hello and welcome to our services today! If you are new or visiting, we hope you will feel at home.
Church Family Away Day
Book your place NOW!
The next Newcomers’ welcome afternoon tea is on Sunday 7th October, 3.00pm - 4.00pm. Open to all who feel like newcomers, regardless of how long you’ve been coming! Children are welcome and activities will be provided for them. Please email email@example.com if you’d like to come along.
Oct half term Holiday Club & Light Party
As we didn’t get enough leaders’ or children’s sign ups we’ve decided to convert the holiday club into a most excellent annual Light Party. We’ll be having a unique Light Party Sunday service on 28th October (10.00am, Busbridge Contemporary) followed with a family SUPEREHERO theme bonanza at the Old Rectory on Wed 31st October (4.00pm-6.30pm). Over 80 adults and children came last year so get ready for some great fun and a positive alternative to darker things. Prizes for adults/children dressed as a superhero. WE NEED HELPERS. To help or register your child’s interest email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advance notice and date for your diaries...Our annual Memorial Service will be held on Saturday 3 November 2018 at 3.00 p.m. in Busbridge Church. Nearer the time, a personal letter of invitation will be sent to those who have been bereaved within the last two years. The service is also open to anyone who has been bereaved, no matter how recently or long ago, and all are welcome. Margot Spencer
School applications: If you are thinking of submitting a church application to Busbridge Junior School then you’ll need to:
1) visit the Busbridge Junior School website and
familiarise yourself with their admission criteria (‘About Us’, ‘Policies’, ‘Admission Criteria for 2019-2020’). We have hard copies in the office if you don’t have access to a computer.
2) pick up an information sheet from the church office
3) bring the church reference form to the church office by 10th December at the latest (please ensure that you are eligible - the criteria are on the information form)
4) a member of the clergy will meet with you to discuss your application and if approved, you need to take your signed Benefice verification to the school by the application closing date (15/01/19).
We have been very sad to hear of the death of Janet Matthews, who was a faithful and much-loved member of Busbridge church for over 30 years. She moved to Burford, three years ago, to live near her daughter, Gill.
PLEASE PRAY FOR…
· Our upcoming Away Day, Light Party & Newcomers Welcome tea
· Those working in education
· Hambledon Road & Heath Lane and their road steward Simon Taylor
· Mary Vale & Hambledon Park
Prayer available at all services
Communion: Gluten free wafers available at all services. Please ask the person administering the bread if you require this.
Prayer for the Sixteenth Sunday after Trinity
Lord of creation, whose glory is around and within us: open our eyes to your wonders, that we may serve you with reverence and know your peace at our lives’ end, through Jesus Christ our Lord.