Old Rectory update
Works continue in the main building with decoration and flooring. The garage has been stripped and is being put back together to form the youth base structure. Mark Pateman
A very warm welcome to the friends and family of Leon & Katy Garner attending their baptism at the Busbridge Contemporary today.
We send our love to Andy Hinde, whose father, Francis, died on 20th February, aged 84. A service of thanksgiving for his life was on Friday 9th March 2018, at 12.30pm in Hambledon church. Please hold Andy and the whole family in your prayers.
Busbridge&Hambledon Away Day
A huge thank you to everyone who filled out the online survey about the proposed BHC Away Day - YOUR chance to tell us what you wanted from YOUR Away Day. The results have been really helpful in all sorts of ways (so a most excellent use of your 3 minutes - pat yourselves on the back!). We’ll be announcing in the next couple of weeks the date, shape and purpose of the Away Day, so watch this space!
The latest in our biannual ‘reverence’ services will be held at Hambledon at 4.00pm on 18th March. As before, in the style of Choral Evensong, complete with a BHC choir. Many thanks to Jenna Brown who has kindly agreed to lead the choristers. Do join us.
A number of people asked for the hard questions and challenging thoughts drawn from James Chapter 4 at Busbridge contemporary last Sunday. Here they are….
· Do we always count the cost of something in money?
· What comforts and conveniences do we think that we’re entitled to?
· Are we happy to deny others the things that we demand for ourselves?
· Who is more powerful: companies that make things or the consumers who buy the things?
· Jesus was led into the wilderness and tempted. He was challenged to make choices between what was right and what would bring him physical comfort and self-aggrandisement and material gain. As his followers, we will also be challenged.
· Sometimes the right choice is the one that means upheaval; the one that’s about denying oneself to make sure other people are ok- maybe even people we’ve never met. Sometimes the right choice will make the people around us uncomfortable. But it’s still the right thing to do.
· Choice is a powerful privilege. Do we choose humbly, understanding that all our choices will in the end stand under God's scrutiny?
Palm Sunday services...Please watch this space for more details of the special services planned for next week. A choice of two very different ways to celebrate this important day in the church calendar.
A large group from BHC are going to Week 2 (5th - 11th August) at The Bath & West Showground, Shepton Mallet. The youngest in our group is under one and the oldest is...well let's just say there are several who are retired! Early Bird rates end on 3rd April so take a look at www.united.new-wine.org for more information or speak to Nicky Hemery or Dave Preece. Half weeks are also available to book for Week 2. If you are already booked for New Wine, please let Nicky know you are going.
Become a Dementia Friend
Dementia Friends gives people an understanding of dementia and the small things you can do that make a difference to people living with this condition. As a first step towards Busbridge&Hambledon Church achieving Dementia Friendly Church status, we will be offering regular Dementia Friends Information Sessions at both churches throughout the year. The first of these is taking place on Tuesday 20th March at 2.00pm in the Church Centre at Busbridge. The session last approximately 1 hour. For further details or to book a place contact Penny Naylor at the Church Office or email: email@example.com.
A reminder about the Hambledon prayer breakfast 8.30am on 17th March.
please pray for…
· Those being baptised today
· The friends and family of Andy Hinde
· Those enjoying Mothering Sunday and those who find the day difficult
· Ashtead Lane and their road stewards, Caroline Wright and Jane Tomes
· Duncombe Road and Lane End