If you are reading this in the morning, there’s still time to come along to our Newcomers’ Welcome tea, this afternoon at 3.00pm-4.00pm. Yew House, Hascombe Road. All welcome.
Church Cottage Renovation update…
Thank you to Ed Payne who has been working on the garden. Inside, decoration work continues as does the DIY jobs list. Please pray for continued good progress. Owen Roseblade and David Hart
Thank you to everyone for a great church family Away Day last Sunday. It was an AMAZING day where we looked at faithfulness and flourishing. Two important bits of news which came out of the day were:
1) That after 28 years we have permission to renew the interior of Busbridge Church! We have until August 2019 to complete this.
2) That we would love to develop Lisa’s role. We will be sending information out in the next two weeks about these exciting signs of flourishing but in the meantime, if you are itching to be on a team to deal with the renewal of the church then speak to Simon Taylor or Frances Shaw.
We’ll be sending out a survey next week to get some feedback from those who came to the Away Day - keep an eye out for that one.
An Alpha course will be running in the new year; we are taking numbers now. If you would like to come, bring someone, or have someone you’d like to invite please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in helping out at the Light Party there is a Light Party Meeting on Monday 8th October 7.45pm-9.00pm. To find out more or if you’d like to be involved please email email@example.com.
The great Lego Card Swap is happening again at FUSE on Sunday morning...bring your cards and your list of missing numbers and let’s get swapping! Find Becky at the end of the service and we’ll find those last missing cards…
Don’t forget about the Marvellous Movie Matinee happening next weekend, Saturday 13th October, 2.30pm at Busbridge Church, which stars Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill.
PCC met recently and approved appointing the Youth Minister post - you can view it on our website. The PCC has also decided to reappoint to Bryan’s role plus we will also be making some changes for our admin and office people due to the great way that the Old Rectory’s use is increasing; providing some administrative support for this. If you’d like to consider volunteering for either of these (approx. 10 hours a week each) roles then please speak to Simon Taylor.
PLEASE PRAY FOR…
· Our upcoming Light Party
· Those applying for the Youth Minister role
· The planned changes to Busbridge Church
· Ockford Ridge Foodbank and those it supports
· High Ridge and their road stewards Barbara Hubble & Debbie Scott
· Munstead Heath Lane, Hambledon Rd and Hambledon Nursery School