The site of Hambledon Nursery was Hambledon Voluntary Aided Church of England School until the 1990s. The original school was a personal vision and was paid for by the then Rector, the Rev Bullock and his wife, in 1953. When the Rev Bullock died his widow passed the care of the school to a Christian Trust.
The Church School closed in the 1990s and Hambledon Nursery School Trust was formed to provide local pre-school education in continuance of Rev Bullock's founding Trust of 1853. The church connection means that Trustees include the Rector, Associate vicar and other church members.
The nursery is integral to the fabric of the village and many local people are involved with it.